Binary420
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andryuha View Post
I had a shop do this service (should have DIYd it) and I'm not sure it was done correctly because my transmission now shifts like dog $#!7. What's the easiest way to reset the adaptations? What's the best way of verifying the fluid level (open the fill plug and see if any fluid will come out?
Can you describe the issue with shifting you were or are experiencing?

I did this service, including the pan and filter, and now every time after starting from a complete stop, and only in 1st gear, (doesn't happen starting in 2nd gear) the car jerks forward as if I drove over a speed bump at 15 mph..
Then continues on driving fine, other than the fact it is also shifting hard... -like old crusty dog s%%t- hard

You can reset the adaptations by putting key in ignition, and turning on ignition without starting the engine.
With car powered on( gas Guage is up) hold down the gas pedal for 60 or so seconds, and with gas pedal still depressed, power off ignition and remove key.

Let car sit for 2-3 minutes then start engine

I know those directions definitely reset engine adaptations, not sure about transmission adaptations but worth a try
Appreciate 0