07-23-2021, 04:37 PM   #13
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
I feel like I care more about her health than she does
Find out what she wants (speak less, listen more ). There must be something. Then connect it to her health. Even if she has no idea what to live for, convey it's because she's suppressed with that poor health of hers and when she feels better her horizon will extend. She can lose her life only once, so no need to hurry with that. There can be something useful in it. Share your values, just for example - she can choose anything when she's ready. Once you live, the quality of living is important and well-being is the absolute key point: nothing can replace it while it can replace anything. And it depends on you only. So no excuses. If she does not want even to live, start with finding out why: there must be a reason...

Regarding those "professionals" you are asking about: "if you want something done right, do it yourself". Helping to find motivation requires a good personal contact (doesn't it?). If you already have one, use it. If you don't - imagine how difficult it will be for a stranger, she has no business for, to find it. Don't repeat rebekahb's mistake when she wanted to motivate her husband to workout, but "had no time" for him while he wanted to do it together with her (which must've been her best chance probably). Don't leave them when they need you: there are things money can't buy.

I believe those "life coaches" are shameless bastards trying to make money on people's troubles.
Appreciate 0