a5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E90 M3

aFe E9x X-Pipe w/GESi EPA Cats Unboxing

aFe MACH Force-Xp X-Pipe 2-1/2 IN 304 Stainless Steel w/ Cat & Resonator

Part Number: 49-36321-1

I wanted to post this once I had it installed, but gained some interest when I shared in another thread that aFe is using GESi 50032 EPA Compliant 300 cell cats that they guarantee will not throw a CEL. So thought I wouldn't delay further and share some unboxing pics.

I had inquired before ordering and aFe told me GESi EPA Compliant 300 cell cats are used in their X-Pipe, which isn't mentioned anywhere on the product page. I recently received my order and am happy to inform they are indeed the stated GESi cats.

Excellent packaging and quality. OEM BMW donut gaskets included, which was a surprise to me. Not a welder but the welds seem excellent to me for a hand-made product. The resonators have no markings on them, so I've reached out to get more info. Interestingly they place them before the X, which I also believe is moved a bit further back than stock? Will confirm once I do a side-by-side comparison. Not sure how that affects anything but they must've done it for a reason.

May be a while before I install this so apologies in advance for no installed pics and sound clips. Maybe somebody else will beat me to it

Thought about ceramic coating it but don't think that would be as beneficial as maybe on a forced induction application.
Attached Images

Last edited by a5m; 02-11-2024 at 12:15 AM..
Appreciate 7
exVtekGuy115.00
chenium31.00
wyatth3551.50
Route 16844.50
derbo3611.50