View Single Post
      05-03-2021, 01:52 PM   #6
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
I don't love this approach, if you really need to regularly charge 2 phones the center console isn't super accessible. (I carry a separate phone for work, but I always need to interact with it, so I keep it plugged into a dedicated cable).

I know when I had my F30 I think that people were having overheating issues with the in-console chargers too. No airflow wasn't helpful and some of the older snap ins had a build in fan.

I'm really happy with the Induktiv from a form factor perspective, easy to access, easy to drop in, and works better than my new G05 where the phone is "tucked" under the console and harder to get out. I just wish it had a higher charging amperage.

I don't see this as an issue. You shouldn't be touching your phone in any manner while driving, so keeping the phone inaccessible seems like an excellent safety bonus.

Also regarding the temperature in the center console, I find it stays exceptionally cool in there, to the point when I left a phone in there before I got the cradle, it was cold to the touch.
Appreciate 0