View Single Post
      07-23-2021, 06:48 PM   #14
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Find out what she wants (speak less, listen more ). There must be something. Then connect it to her health. Even if she has no idea what to live for, convey it's because she's suppressed with that poor health of hers and when she feels better her horizon will extend. She can lose her life only once, so no need to hurry with that. There can be something useful in it. Share your values, just for example - she can choose anything when she's ready. Once you live, the quality of living is important and well-being is the absolute key point: nothing can replace it while it can replace anything. And it depends on you only. So no excuses. If she does not want even to live, start with finding out why: there must be a reason...

Regarding those "professionals" you are asking about: "if you want something done right, do it yourself". Helping to find motivation requires a good personal contact (doesn't it?). If you already have one, use it. If you don't - imagine how difficult it will be for a stranger, she has no business for, to find it. Don't repeat rebekahb's mistake when she wanted to motivate her husband to workout, but "had no time" for him while he wanted to do it together with her (which must've been her best chance probably). Don't leave them when they need you: there are things money can't buy.

I believe those "life coaches" are shameless bastards trying to make money on people's troubles.
I want to help her as much as possible. She lives an hour away so seeing her in person everyday isn’t an option, though I would do it if I could! I feel like she needs a work out buddy, a drill sergeant, or just someone to motivate her and hold her accountable.

She’s been overweight for 15 years now. If she was capable of losing the weight herself, she would have done it already. IMO

We got into it so bad last night. She was “resting.” I told her resting is what you’ve been doing for over a decade and to get your ass up and go walk the block, do anything but sit. She started yelling at me and it escalated from there.
I’m sick myself, picked up a bug in Florida, and couldn’t be bothered wasting anymore energy on her.

I just don’t want to give up on her. She’s the only sibling I have left. It’s hard for me to sit back and only listen. I feel if she needed to tone up, sure, I’ll go easy and be sweet. This is life or death. She needs to lose about 70 lbs. She doesn’t have the luxury of empathy from me at this point. When we’re out of the critical zone, sure I’ll start to be empathic.
Appreciate 0