View Single Post
      01-16-2021, 08:31 PM   #74
e92335drew
Rep
Drives: 335 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
There is an in and an out for each size connector. I believe the bigger connector is the unused set for our car. So one of these connectors will connect to the microphone itself. The other one will connect to your existing microphone cable. Two connectors will remain unused - I wrapped them with electrical tape so they wouldn't rattle.
Alright, I assumed so as one of the connectors looked for the mic they included and just assumed the other ones gotta be generic. Figured worst case the easiest part is dropping that dome light and dealing with it later. That A pillar and running the mic cable was definitely the worst part of the install. Aside from realizing that my shift knob was in the way, having to youtube how to put the car in neutral with the battery off.

Now I'm stuck on the wiring for the back of the CIC. Somehow my carplay box input is a female connection to female connection on the CIC... Not sure what I did wrong there so back to reading posts as I swear in my readings someone else has mentioned this.
Appreciate 0