05-02-2019, 05:59 PM   #5
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
I'd get something small, light, with two seats over a cooking Corvette every time. Exige, Cayman, z4m for a pure weekend HPDE. Alternatively an M2, If it had to be Murican maybe a ZL1 1LE or GT350. Unless it's a ZR1 there are better cars.
I came awfully close to picking up a Z4MC pre E90M and still have a void calling for the S54 to fill. Prices seem to be perpetually stagnet which is odd. Do people like them or not? The recipe is there for ultimate cult classic.

I'd really dig the GT350, but oil consumption is a big concern for me. Still in a different price point as is.

Exige would be real cool from the superficial knowledge I have of them. I'd probably cap my budget at $40k to be realistic for a sincere toy, and I think that gets me a high mileage one of those. Boo.

Not sure why, but Caymen really doesn't hold any appeal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I really like the C6 Z06, although the suspension design in Vettes makes their at the limit handling a little tricky [said a pro driver]

Mind you the engine does have issues with dropped valves

It's a low weight, very powerful NA sports car. Definitely cool.
I've heard the C6Z can be quite snappy at the limit. Gotta realize right foot driving pretty quick

Dry sump is trick, but are spring issues early cars? I've been looking at '08+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerikivan View Post
before i bought my m3 i had to choose between m3 and c5 z06... if your gonna use it for just spirited runs and daily go for m3.. if your going competitive then the c6 is for you.. corvette will run circles on the m3
Yeah I don't think I would even consider the C5Z. I do like the regular FRC more for some reason.

Other end of the spectrum is to have a Frankenstein project like a high revving 5.3 LS FD RX-7, but I'll save those thoughts for when we're settled with the appropriate garage and my tools come out of storage
Appreciate 0