View Single Post
      04-30-2019, 09:30 AM   #1
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
C6 Z06

Not ready to purchase anything yet. Just settling in to a new state and will probably wait until we purchase a house after our "trial year" living the apartment life. That said, I'm always looking around to see what my next toy will be after my E90M. I always circle back to an E9x M with a heavy sway to an E92 just to try something different if I do come back to the platform. Just something about these cars, man...

Of course I like to keep my options open. Another consideration I've had is the C6 Z06 (calling thetastelingers ). I've had a few LSx cars over the years, and I always had a hoot. Dad had a C5 when I was a kid, but I never drove it, and I've driven a base C6 a handful of times. Obviously the build quality takes a slight dive from the Bimmer, but from the perspective of it being a pure weekend toy and occasionally seeing a track (a couple HPDEs a year would be my intention), I wonder if it can be looked past. I consider the lower running costs to be a big plus, and I've always really liked the shape of the C6 - especially with the wide hips of a Z car.

What are you guys' take? I'm hoping that a big cam can start to raise the rev limiter to chase after the S65
Appreciate 0