View Single Post
      03-26-2019, 03:14 PM   #32
scaryharry19
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 VF620

need some insight...

I'm new to this forum and in fact I'm about 3 days new to ownership of my dream car a 2008 e92 m3 DCT fitted with a relatively recently installed vf620 supercharger. 70k miles.

What a ride its been... I picked up the car in Iowa (i live in Alabama) and i drove it to Kansas City to stay with some buddies from college. We'll about 500 miles into my trip to KC, right outside of KC (luckily) the car went into limp mode. I was under WOT and at about 6000 rpm the car just fell flat on its face, went into limp mode and shut off as soon as the clutch was engaged. long story short I got the car running, emptied what was left of sh*ty Iowa gas (the car was really too close to empty when I decided to open it up for a stretch which was a definite learning experience for me), ran some injector cleaners and got her home to Alabama putting only ethenol free 91 or 93 and keeping the tank above half full (i filled up 6 times that trip...). As soon as I got into town it went into limp mode again..only this time it was not under load it was as soon as I got off the interstate. The car sputtered on home.

The main code that faulted is P2290 "Injector Control Pressure Too Low" which lead me to believe I simply need to order and install a new Fuel Pump Control Module, esp. being that this was an issue with the 2008's.

While I'm waiting for that to come in the car is sputtering and misfiring like crazy and blowing a bunch of white smoke. Reading this thread makes me think I have perhaps a more serious fuel injector issue perhaps in conjunction with the fuel pump control module. The car also has a bit too much oil in it that I need to syphon. Is that why the white smoke?? The car is totally catless and no muffler (it's mental!!) so the smell of gas in pungent... but now I don't know what to think... the VF620 should come with upgraded injectors right??

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!
Appreciate 0