View Single Post
      12-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #28
ASW338
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767capt View Post
I assume you have an S85? Mine is not consistent every time I drive the car. Sometimes it will fall to 45 psi after 6 hours and other days or most of the time it will be much higher. The fuel pressure regulator in the fuel filter has a valve and the fuel pump has a one way check valve and of course the injectors are valves. When the key is at 0, the valves close to trap pressure for faster subsequent starts. I think if you had a leaky injector or one of the other valves were bad, you'd see the pressure drop immediately. I have read what the BMW spec is after 1 hour and I remember my car stays way above their published value. Can't find it right now but it might have said 1 bar. I've seen videos of stuck injectors and the line pressure would be 0 before you could get out and open the hood to view your gauge.
Hi B767capt, thank you for your input. Since my reading were too far away from yours, maybe I will go with this route to order right fuel pump and retest. If I still get same reading (0 psi in 6.25 hrs.), I have no more any idea to diagnose. Thanks again!

Last edited by ASW338; 12-29-2015 at 01:40 PM..
Appreciate 0