02-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #32
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
i run my track pads all the time also with not much issue. bigjae chimed in on this subject for me before and what he said made sense. how can the front offer any more braking power in the 380 kit if its still paired with the same rear set up in their bbk? if it did it would screw up the bias. he has the kit you do and would have went st-40 all the way around to save money initially and at time for pad changes and rotors.
I spoke with Jae at the track about this exact issue, but decided to go with the ST-60 because it is larger and therefore can dissapate more heat. This is one of the main premise behind a BBK, besides more stopping power. Also the 15 inch rotors will look massive behind the 18 inch Arc-8's. So yes, there is also the wow factor ("Wow what big brakes you have, is it true what they say about men with big brakes? They are over-compensating for lack of skills") to consider! HaHa!!!

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL
Appreciate 0