02-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #28
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
They'll for sure last longer with the bbk; how much longer I can't say. I got about 5 weekends per set, more like 3 with slicks. But depends on track and driver.
Thanks! 3-5 weekends sounds about right. I will most likely get a set of dedicated track pads so I can get the most out of my r-comps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
I am running the pads that came with the kit for street driving and Pagid PS-29 on the track. I picked up the Pagid from M-World on their monthly group buy.
Thanks for the input! I will ck with Richard and see what his prices are on these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
I have run a Pagid RS29/29 combo but I find that gives me too much rear bias on brake balance.I have been running RS14/29 for the last 3 front pad changes and I like this combo much better for brake balance.I have tried the ST pads that came with the kit but they only work ok if you are not very agressive with them.
Thanks for the input! How is the rotor wear with the RS14/29 combo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper519 View Post
This ^^.

Get front and rear and be fully equipped.

As for pads, the ST Street Performance are great for DD. Since the pad changing is such a cinch, go ahead and get dedicated track pads, you will appreciate the braking performance. No "street" pads can really come close. I've been using Pagid Yellow (RS29), love em, but will start this season trying out the ST racing compound (SR34).

Happy braking!
Thanks! Yes, I decided on the 380/355 kit. A friend has been using the StopTech SR34 and likes them as much as PF01s and Pagid yellow. He seems to think for the price these are the best pads.

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL
Appreciate 0