Thread: Which Blue?
View Single Post
      07-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: IB BB E90 M3

I searched all the nearby dealers for a car with IB so i could get a good look at it. I liked it both in the shade and in the sun. I have still never knowingly seen a LeMans Blue car in person. SG was also at the top of my list, I had seen several SG cars in Toronto and I knew I liked it. Melbourne Red is also awesome, but I always tell myself I won't own a red car till I can afford a Ferrari.

What I ended up doing to finally decide on the colour was I turned on Grand Turismo 5 Prologue (Playstation 3 car racing game if you don't know) and went to the purchase car screen selected the M3 and looked at each colour 2 or 3 times. When I looked at Space Grey I thought, 'that looks great'. When I looked at LeMans blue I thought "awesome", but when I looked at IB I had a visceral reaction to it, I got a chill up my spine like you do when a favorite song you haven't heard for a while comes on the radio. That's how I knew what to get.

From what I've seen of IB I can't see any Purple colouration, maybe I'm a bit colour blind or haven't seen it in the precise lighting conditions or whatever but I love it!

Appreciate 0