///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacooobs`n View Post
All 4 vanoses?
Is the issue common on also untouched engines?
One thing that crossed my mind was debris from my worn crank and my oil-filter was kind a full of small particles which was not metallic. Even dough we cleaned and flushed as much as we have access to with diesel and brakecleaner before blowing it clean and fearly dry with air.
Some of this debris might pile up somewhere up to the cams and vanoses causing less oilpressure to the vanoses.
Engine rund perfectly after 3 seconds until the next day..

My car came from Belgium a year ago, you might know it, VIN PY29212 and Belgium registration 1-NKV-059..
Yes , the issue is very common and worldwide . I know S65's from 2007 and they have still today the issue , so that's almost 10 years...
That's why I think it don't harms our S65 even when I hear it and think that sounds not healthy !

Like I said above , I saw it fixed only once and actually I don't understand it .Because BMW replaced the S65 Vanos-Gears by exactly the same Vanos-Gears and the noise was gone .
It was in Jan. 2012 and it was a BMW Puma case and job was done under BMW warranty .

When I DD my car I don't hear the noise , I hear it loud only when I store my car for several days in my garage .
From what I heard DD don't have the noise .

The paper from the Puma case and the Vanos-Gear replacement ...
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0