View Single Post
      10-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #191
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

First of all, this was tragic and everyone involved is a victim and it's completely unfair they had to go through this. Should never happen and I could never understand what the families are facing today. It's just awful.

That said, why does this get everyone so fired up? I hate the media and how they just proliferate the divisive narrative in our county.

Mass shootings are still super rare and even though this was tragic, it's far down the list of priorities.

Healthcare, human trafficking, child abuse, domestic violence, education, and even natural disasters are far more damaging than these one off tragedies. These things are sad, but 59 people dying in a one off tragedy doesn't need the full attention of the media and governments to avoid this. If you avoided every mass shooting in US history, you'd probably save what, 1,000 lives? It's just not a needle mover and the proposed "solutions" either won't work or will cause a myriad of unintended consequences.

I don't mean to sound insensitive; it's not that I don't care about the victims or don't think there needs to be some change...it's just that this is SO over the top in its coverage, outrage, and resources spent discussing it over and over while people literally starve to death or can't get the healthcare they need to have a BASIC existence.

Just because this happens, we don't have to start collecting everyone's weapons and repealing the 2nd amendment. Maybe it needs some tweaking, but this is not the #1 issue in our country.

Lord, people are stupid.
Appreciate 0