View Single Post
      10-03-2017, 01:31 PM   #181
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
Sweet strawman bro, I said nothing about a new world order, I spoke of history.

A few recent examples:

1. In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915-1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves against their ethnic-cleansing government, were arrested and exterminated.

2. In 1929, the former Soviet Union established gun control as a means of controlling the “more difficult” of their citizens. From 1929 to the death of Stalin, 40 million Soviets met an untimely end at the hand of various governmental agencies as they were arrested and exterminated.

3. After the rise of the Nazi’s, Germany established their version of gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill, and others, who were unable to defend themselves against the “Brown Shirts”, were arrested and exterminated. Interestingly, the Brown Shirts were eventually targeted for extermination themselves following their blind acts of allegiance to Hitler. Any American military and police would be wise to grasp the historical significance of the Brown Shirts’ fate.

4. After Communist China established gun control in 1935, an estimated 50 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves against their fascist leaders, were arrested and exterminated.

5. Closer to home, Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayans, unable to defend themselves against their ruthless dictatorship, were arrested and exterminated.

6. Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves from their dictatorial government, were arrested and exterminated.

7. Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million of the “educated” people, unable to defend themselves against their fascist government, were arrested and exterminated.

8. In 1994, Rwanda disarmed the Tutsi people and being unable to defend themselves from their totalitarian government, nearly one million were summarily executed.

You can "IMO" all you want, but facts don't care about your opinions.
You're quoting dictatorships or communism where people don't have rights to protect themselves. This doesn't apply to the US nor is 2nd amendment ever going to get taken away. While I am for the 2nd amendment, I don't agree "that nothing can be done". It was just 1 1/2 years ago that the deadliest shooting happened in Orlando. Nothing was done. We will send our thoughts and prayers and move on and then this will happen again. The cycle continuously repeats itself. The bottom line the NRA has too much power in this country. I don't believe ANY lobby group, including the financial ones that brought down the economy, should have that much power and influence on Congress. They completely control people's votes based on how much money they give to support said representatives. Both sides of Congress agree we need stricter gun laws. Guess who keeps making it more difficult? The NRA. Sorry, this is not the way it supposed to work. You can't tell me that we can't do a better job of restricting access to guns to the mentally disabled, closing loopholes at gun shows, and limiting/restricting sales of certain automatic weapons? I just don't see how anyone needs a M16 for "hunting".
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4984.50