View Single Post
      06-18-2019, 07:54 PM   #1
Andy348
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 Jeep SRT

E92 M3 as a weekend car?

So the Jeep SRT is out of warranty soon and I'm looking to pick up a more reasonable DD (F150).

I am looking for a fun weekend car that is manual, 2 door, fun to drive, light weight (ish), quick, and relatively DIY-able. I live in the country, long sweeping roads but with a lower speed limit than you probably think. I was thinking of something that I can throw around on weekends and have a lot of fun with, but maybe drive throughout the week a couple of days if it was nice out.

I really wanted an E30 S54 because its extremely communicative, fast enough, and a real blast. However I've been down the E30 road one too many times and dont really have the time right now to work on one.

Big fan of the E92; I love high revving engines, BMWs in general, and the looks are a huge plus to me. I am only worried about the weight. Even stripped they are 3300ish pounds, which still seems a bit heavy. I won't be running through chicanes or tracking it, so part of me feels that its light enough and communicative enough. The other side of me says that if its a pure weekend car and I have a reliable DD, why not go for something more raw..

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0