View Single Post
      05-06-2014, 04:46 PM   #3
jcp907
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5 ISO E92 M3

Chuck, thank you for the input! As usual, it is greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear that you think it can be done in the E92 M3. The 15 Mustang is easy to see in FS. I suppose the M4 will be there as well. It’s not a consideration, unfortunately. The 15 Mustang can be, but it isn’t legal this year. If I were to get into the E92, and it was outclassed, I’d have to sell or get another hobby The M3 can be had for ~40k if I shop right. Worst case, I'll take a small depreciation hit when I sell it if that happens.
With that as a consideration, an alternative is an E46 M3 which is arguably at the best spot on the depreciation curve. Any chance it's as competitive as the E92? I don't think so, particularly when plotting tq vs weight, RPM, and gear ratio. Then…perhaps build a Shelby clone? But, I don't fit well, physically. I might try to drive one soon...we shall see. The Coyote is a great car, but the value on the new 14s are suffering already, because of the 15. 29k might get you a Brembo/Recaro car.

Also, the wife prefers the BMW over the Ford, and doesn’t want me spending more time in the garage…nod to newer.
I'll read through Rich's post to see what shocks he went with, as well as find other setup tips/tricks.
Thank you for the complement on paxing well. I am learning a great deal and some of it is sticking, it seems. I am not trophy worthy at this point, but hopefully up to a test at a national event. I'll be at the ATL Match Tour in an under competitive 2012 Mustang GT. I can’t imagine a GT will give the Boss a run for its money. But, this will be my first time on Hoosiers...I can't wait! But, I digress.

Finally, the Rivals…perhaps they are worth 2 maybe 3 events more, over the RS3s (on concrete). But, they are still under 100 runs before they are done, I believe. Slowing on corner entry helps a bunch, as well-you already told me that though The 245 RS3s definitely respond better on turn in. How about you? How are your stretched tires? Rivals or something else?

By the way, the M5 weights 4150 with me and 4 gal of fuel and has -.9 and -.4 Camber up front...but, boy that pig moves!

Last edited by jcp907; 05-06-2014 at 05:04 PM..
Appreciate 0