View Single Post
      05-12-2018, 07:26 AM   #75
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

[Update]
well softening the sway bar was a good idea.
However, adjusting the JRZ proven problematic to the point of mowing some grass at a high speed.

Lap times
For reference my best time is 1:37.x and it is in general a fast time at NYST on 200 tires.

Yesterday i hit multiple time 1:38, 1:39 and 1:40.
But no cigar. Best laptime was not in the cards

Track temperature were cold at 70, 80 and afternoon got to 102.

Ambient was 50s and sunny

JRZ Settings
Starting at a JRZ engineers recommended settings created two issues. 1. At the front straight bump the car got unsettled. At the Wheely hill the car landed and was unstable. Both high speed.

This is were I made a mistake that could have been disastrous but i got lucky and no issues

The mistake I made was to add more rebound to "settle" the car. The thinking was that the car was compressing and releasing too quickly creating a pogo effect. I was increasing rebound to try to slow the return.

An astute observer approach me in the afternoon and say my car, especially the rear wheels were off the ground at the front straight at 130mph. Hmm.

His recommendation was to REDUCE rebound to allow the wheels to return quicker. It was a spot on suggestion.

The Last session yesterday I dialed back the rebound to 1 in the rear and 4 in the front. Changing nothing else. The car was much more settled. I was not going as fast (mostly 1:42/1:43) but it felt better. The last session was open track and I head many many laps with track basically empty.

Today I am mounting inexpensive set for a rainy day and will continue working out the suspension.

I am happy with the Hotchkis set to front second from softest and rear on the softest setting.

The rest of the 40mph problem will come from driving better
Appreciate 0