05-05-2019, 11:31 PM   #1220
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
Went to High Plains Raceway here in CO with my E92 on Friday. There weren't very many cars so they ran open track. I like it when I can just set my own driving schedule on an open track day. Drove 6 sessions by 11:30. Was ready to go home by lunch.

This was the first time I drove hard with maximum camber. With max camber and my original suspension settings, the tail wanted to step out quite a bit with max camber. (It was much more mellow and tending to understeer with less camber.) I adjusted the suspension during the day and was able to get a neutral feel when when breaking grip and dealing with the corners.

I developed some kind of tech problem. The car got me home, but it's not driving correctly. We are guessing that one of the coil packs may have failed. I'll look into it soon. There are no error codes. The car is going to need some refreshing love. The last oil sample report from Blackstone did not look awesome. The front rotors need replacing. There's a number of things needed to get the car back running it's best.

I was able to improve with new scrubs and just being more familiar with the track. Took off over 2 seconds. Put down a 1:58.6. I'm still not driving consistently. The AIM shows I can do better (Doesn't it always?). But at least I know the track now and can concentrate on building consistency.

Anyway I'm enjoying the process of learning a new track and driving a different setup car than what I'm used to. (The difference in weight between the two cars is very noticeable. I'm used to tossing the track car into turns and it sticks......yeah.....the extra 400 lbs in the E92 makes it....uh....not stick nearly as well.....haha). The E92 won't get gutted or aero or stuff like that. It's a daily driver that has brakes and suspension and is full weight. I'll be curious to see what lap times it can put down as time goes on. But first, I need to get it back running healthy.....

Here's the video:
I love it! I bet in your E90 you'd probably hit 150-160 on that loooooong straight.
instagram.com/titomanlio
Appreciate 0