View Single Post
      07-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
drburton
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 Alpine

I'm in! Took delivery

Picked up my shiny new Alpine White M3 Coupe on Tuesday. I have been lurking on the forum for awhile now, so it's nice to actually own the car.

So far I love it. Haven't had a chance to push the performance, and I'm sadly sticking to the break in recommendations.

Coming from a 987 Boxster S, I like the versatility and practicality with the M3. Kids like it too, already has a nickname "Polar Bear".

Before I get flamed for no pics, I plan to shoot a few tomorrow and I'll add them to the post.

Already having some issues with my initial mods. Purchased black grills and painted reflectors before I even received the car. For the grills, I think I actually like the stock ones better. The flat black ones seem unfinished or something. Maybe I need to paint them gloss black - undecided here. For the painted reflectors I failed on the install I can easily remove and reinstall the stock ones but the painted ones won't lock in right (the bottom). When I compare the painted versus stock it seems the space where it clips in isn't as large and the bumper won't snap in. Anyone else experience this?

Sorry about the long post - pictures coming soon.
Attached Images

Last edited by drburton; 07-17-2009 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 0