Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M240 Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter K_B
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn240cab View Post
I have not spoken to the other BMW dealership in Calgary, which is owned by the same company, and is a certified Dinan dealer yet, I will update ASAP.
Oh, great. I just got Dynan Tune Stage 1 installed by the BMW dealer in Oakville, Ontario who is also a Dinan dealer. In fact, the BMW dealer had the Dynan parts in stock.

Well, I guess I will find out if my BMW Warranty is void now the next time I take it in for service.

What did the BMW dealer that is also a Dinan dealer in Calgary say?
Sorry for the late reply everyone. Calgary BMW, who were the authorized dealer for Dinan products in Calgary, are "cancelling their partnership with Dinan." Calgary BMW reiterated to me that BMW Canada are indeed refusing to warranty vehicles with Dinan products installed, especially focusing on tuning products, which "completely void powertrain warranty." They claim conflict with Dinan over who pays when a warranty concern arises, and therefore are "moving away from that part of the business." For those who are considering purchasing Dinan tuners, especially in Canada, I would exercise caution. Make sure you know what you are getting to. I'm not sure if there is a Dinan representative that could chime in or not to clarify their position as it pertains to Canadian customers.
Appreciate 0