GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
I don't know what it's like elsewhere but bmw has always worked on my modded cars. Thy only raise an eyebrow if I am reporting a problem directly related to something obviously modified. Dealers get paid form BMW to do the work.
Right, the BMW dealers are independent businesses not BMWNA, so of course they'll work on your car. They'd work on a honda if you paid them to.

It's when your car parts fail and the dealer is asking BMW to pay for that failed part and service that it gets tricky ... up to a certain point a "mod friendly" dealer will probably not mention mods, but if your car starts getting into major part failures BMW is going to start asking questions, start asking for data, etc. There's an escalation process.

At that point the dealer can either outright lie and fabricate information, or they can tell BMWNA that you're modded. and it's likely, depending on location, the BMWNA will send out an engineer to review the evidence.

If the dealer lies / lied, then they're breaking their contract with BMWNA, so the dealer probably isn't going to lie for you.

And that's when BMWNA will void your warranty without having to prove shit to anyone.
Appreciate 2