View Single Post
      04-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #155
Garissimo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Were is the evidence that DR's GTR was 8mph slower, I have looked at the 7:29 lap on Youtube but it contains no speedo reading.
Bob,

This is what I'm referring to:

"The data trace that Mizuno is proud to take me through suggests that Suzuki is being ridiculously modest. The peak lateral G figure is 1.4 - and the car averages 1.3G from corner to corner. The GTR hits 290kph twice on its way to that lap time."

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/index.html?vs=3

Now, I'm assuming Döttinger Höhe, which is the LONG straight on the back, is where that 290 kph (~180mph) would have been recorded. If I'm wrong about that, I apologize. Still, that's 12mph faster than the max speed Chris Harris was able to coax out of his GTR on the same section. I would guess driver skill has little to do with it on that long straight. You're basically going flat out. And if I call Harris's video narration correctly, he kept the pedal to the floor in the GT-R where that was one of several places he had to lift in the GT2.

EDIT: Further analysis of that graph shows that the first 290kph instance (Schwedenkreuz) was most likely a logging glitch due to the car getting airborn for an instant. The second one appears to be real so my point still stands.

Last edited by Garissimo; 04-27-2009 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0