Thread: VF540 kits
View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #31
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Some enthusiasts contacted us about selling their VF540 kits. One mentioned he was would be moving into a GTR for more traction. Another was selling his VF540 kit and upgrading with a used VF620 kit (from an insurance total loss part out). 2 other VF owners were parting out their builds due to lease end. 2 kits were advertized twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Had a chance to take the ESS 625 on Buttonwillow during the Speed District event (over 3 hours of track time) and was very pleased with the performance. Midrange power was more responsive, no hiccups during acceleration and shedding about 50lbs (VF systems are a bit on the heavy side) from the nose are all benefits.

During post-track inspection - I was pleased not to see any engine codes stored at all, something that I haven't seen in a long time.

I'd rather not get into the VF vs ESS debate, there are plenty of those threads elsewhere.
In response to the feedback quoted from EAS above, to be fair, their car did not run on our latest 240E software and was never updated since it was flashed about 1 year ago.
To clarify the weight differences: the non-intercooled VF manifold and bracket only weighs 4.2 lbs (four point two) more than the ESS equivalent components.

Last edited by VF-Engineering; 05-02-2013 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 0