View Single Post
      09-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #14
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Over the weekend I had upsized 255/275 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S’ mounted on the 359M ZCP wheels, road force balanced, and aligned (shout out to VT Motorworks in the Bay Area – great team, great work, super clean shop). Since I don’t drive my car much (nor have as much time to play with it as I once did), it took me longer to get around to this than I had hoped. The previous tires still had some tread left, but I could tell an alignment was needed anyway and I was anxious to get some proper rubber on the car. They’re still breaking in, but already I can tell they feel great, car is silky smooth up to Mexico speeds.

My current alignment as follows:

[Front]
-1.2* camber
.04’ (~1/32’’) total toe in
7.2* caster

[Rear]
-1.8* camber
.09’ (~1/16’’) total toe in

The rear feels great, and the front toe is nice. I pulled my camber pins but am surprised we were only able to get -1.2* in the front. I think Dinan camber plates are in my future. I also ordered some Bimmerworld 10mm (f) and 5mm (r) spacers/bolts, will likely all go on together with another alignment for the front.

Other minor updates:
- VT also adjusted the front sway bar for me, no more clunks! They also adjusted the passenger side exhaust tips a hair to satisfy my OCD.
- Removed the warning stickers from the front visors.
- Removed the pins from the front headrests, so they now go down all the way to the backrests.
- Put on a CA legacy/enviro plate.

With members Johal and Derbo a couple of weeks ago:

Last edited by wyatth; 09-09-2019 at 11:39 PM..
Appreciate 4
donut_boi997.50
//steve\\1074.00
slcook541863.00