View Single Post
      03-29-2019, 08:47 AM   #11
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

I've had a 2015 GTI since new and have gone through the a ton of iterations with this car as I typically never leave a car stock.

Stock: It was a very nice car. Still lots of fun with the "safe" understeer that you find in most cars of today. Family fits in it no problem and plenty of space to carry things (hatchback and seats folded make for a very large area). Power is decent and fuel mileage is very good.

Stage 1 APR tune: Had this on for over 1 year without any clutch slipping issues at all. I remembered to not lug the engine in higher gears even though the car would pull like a freight train or a diesel from just off idle. I had the high-torque tune. It definitely woke the car up!

Stage 2+ IS38 Turbo: This is as far as I'll ever go with the car. It makes close to 400HP and a little over 400TQ, in a package that literally weighs right at 3,000lbs. This car runs VERY well. I had done a Peloquin mechanical LSD along with a clutch upgrade at the same time (shop charged me 15 minutes for the clutch change because the trans was out for the LSD install).

You can see in my sig the rest of my mods. It is a back road burner that is very nimble and a ton of fun. With the suspension upgrades the car sticks like glue and doesn't understeer at all unless you mash the throttle (it's where I spend most of my time researching and upgrading since it's the most important to me).

Regardless of what you do or don't do to the car, the GTI would be the way to go for sure. Drive one and you'll see.
Appreciate 3
Red Bread4463.00
Viffermike1753.00