11-18-2021, 07:01 PM   #372
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
Some functionality questions:

1. If I want to play music from my ipod, via the centre armrest connection, does this have to be via the standard CIC user interface?
2. If I want to play any USB stick music (via the centre armrest slot) is this via CIC or P2000 user interface?
3. If either of the above is via the CIC UI, what happens if I start music playback, then switch to the P2000 for Waze use? Does the music stop?
4. If I am in the P2000 UI (say because I am using Waze) and an incoming call arrives, does this remain in the P2000 UI, or will it default to CIC? Or is this configurable?

Thanks in advance!
1. If I want to play music from my ipod, via the centre armrest connection, does this have to be via the standard CIC user interface?

Yes only works over the CIC. The Mr12volt box is a separate input entirely, shows up as a CD changer, and you cannot have 2 inputs playing at once on the CIC. The USB port in the center console is tied to the CIC system only.

2. If I want to play any USB stick music (via the centre armrest slot) is this via CIC or P2000 user interface?

CIC interface, for the same reasons listed above. That being said, you can do the same thing with the USB port on the Mr12volt box and play audio through there.

3. If either of the above is via the CIC UI, what happens if I start music playback, then switch to the P2000 for Waze use? Does the music stop?

Music stops. You are switching the input on the CIC.

4. If I am in the P2000 UI (say because I am using Waze) and an incoming call arrives, does this remain in the P2000 UI, or will it default to CIC? Or is this configurable?

Depends, and this actually seems like a bug. If you have your phone paired to the CIC, and you are in carplay or android auto, if you initiate a call, it sends you back to CIC. If you receive a call, it is handled in carplay. I'm assuming the behavior is the same with Android auto. If you want to ensure everything only goes through the mr12volt box, you will need to unpair your phone with the CIC system.
Appreciate 0