View Single Post
      11-11-2021, 06:51 AM   #357
TheWoj
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandan View Post
The difference in video quality is noticeable between CVBS and AHD. It's a bit more crisp looking but nothing huge. I'd say the night vision is noticeably better. I'm happy with the better resolution. I'm still getting used to the fisheye lens though.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the cam ground happens through the video composite cable, the yellow one, outer ring. It's a shared ground I think. If anyone is more electrically savvy please correct me

Those two cam setting are very poorly written, I have no idea what the difference is.

I also wonder if maybe this was causing audio interference issues with the mic splitter?

If anyone has tried the mic splitter without a camera connected, please let us know if you still had audio issues!

I cut the white loop to change from CVBS to AHD and, as you said, there was a small improvement in quality.

But by far the largest improvement was from disconnecting the ground to the negative terminal of the battery! The image is now completely stable, no flickering or artefacts at all! Thanks for the tip

So if anyone is having any issues with picture quality with the rear view camera - and you've connected a ground - just disconnect the ground! You'll be amazed at the difference
Appreciate 0