06-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #57
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo3605 View Post
Would this give 16hp/16tq on an NA application as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD View Post
Doubtful. There's more power to be had by optimizing the flow path of the exhaust with cat removal + larger diameter piping than on a N/A car.

The most power to be had on N/A cars comes with primary cat removal ( +tune).
Momo, if you're talking about over stock, yes. This is corroborated by Longboarder's dyno linked above, where he shows not only gains that big or bigger over his OEM exhaust, but also torque deltas of almost 50TQ at certain parts of the rev band.

It's also corroborated by our discussion (mine and longboarder's) of Malek@MRF's car which is putting down slightly higher than 400 HP to the wheels, using nothing other than the MRF (full) exhaust) and a tune. No intake, no pulleys, nothing else.

But, if you're talking about N/A gains over AKRA, then that's another story. I'm not aware of any dyno's of the MRF Midpipe compared to an AKRA midpipe on an N/A car. I'm assuming this is the situation //M3THOD was referring to when he said doubtful. While i wouldn't go so far as to say doubtful, I would reserve judgment for a proper dyno on an N/A car.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0