02-11-2022, 08:44 AM   #47
KennyFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lexus RC F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMonk57 View Post
@Kenny FSU. I was researching M235 info on the forums and by accident I found this post. I think I just bought your old M235xi from Carmax in Tampa. Was it a mistake? I still have until 3/2/22 to return it to Carmax for a full refund. I noticed you said you had HPFP problems. I'd like to know more about the car...I'm a little worried about keeping it now that I've read some of the car's history on this forum. I do really like the car, it looks great, I just need it to be reliable. Thanks for any help!
Yep that was mine, I can tell by the smoked rear reflectors. So after the car stalled out and didn't start back up, I had it towed to Midnite Tuning in Largo and they replaced the EPK (fuel pump) module. The car ran fine after that and they said because of my BM3 stage 1 tune, it was taxing the fuel system so the EPK burned out prematurely. Now that it's back to stock, you shouldn't have the same issues but nothing is certain.

It was a great car and I miss it dearly but being stranded 100 miles from home on Xmas night left a sour taste in my mouth.
Appreciate 0