Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
OP, I am good track buddies with the guy that installed the Do88 coolers. That car and driver is VERY fast! I mean the fastest car that shows up to the track. With the diffs on line lower gears it (plus every go fast mod you can think of) it is putting a lot of stress on the DCT. Given that he has demonstrated/documented temp reductions I would personally go with the Do88 without question. When considering other options running a 25 hour sounds impressive.....right? Well consider that it is so cold during that race that teams sometimes have to place cardboard in front of the coolers just to get the engine up to operating temperature (2014). In 2015 i think the high temp was in the 40 degrees F so the cardboard was not needed.
Thanks for the confirmation of NRBRNG's results. I appreciate it. And his DCT results do seem QUITE impressive---he's talking about a 30-40º drop in temps. The fact that he has a temp gauge dedicated to the DCT is great. THAT'S the kind of data I want to see from manufacturers. If I do act on this topic, I will put in a dedicated gauge too. The way I would approach it is to put the gauge setup in first and get some baseline temps from the current setup. Then, I'd add the cooler to see what we netted.

And if NRBRNG is showing up at all his events running Yoko A005's, MCS, full aero and 3100 lbs, he better be flying out there!!
Appreciate 0