View Single Post
      01-27-2023, 02:46 PM   #12
OldenburgerM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 Coupe

Okay, reporting back.
It's done and it turned out GREAT!

I researched a bunch, and drove around a bunch interviewing shops. Ended up going with Alamo Collision in Alvin despite living in the Woodlands. Hell of a trip, but worth it in the end.

Several shops didn't want to tackle the job. Everybody said they'd "try" and even if Robert at Alamo said the same thing, he was the only one who conveyed a sense of competence and trust.

I am sure that M Performance in Conroe would have done an excellent job. Their shop is very impressive. Unfortunately, I am near the end-of-life for this car and despite wanting to keep it for two maybe three more years I am very hesitant to put more money into it than necessary. That said, Alamo had the best quote.

CMS Collision said they'd try also. Their quote was a bit higher but I think they were my second choice.
Spring Body shop at north i-45 would have tried as well.
Classic Collision formerly 1488 Collision would have farmed the job out, they were willing to try too.

KPI Collision Center was a hard no.
Caliber Collision by Home Depot, Egypt, also a hard no.

I will attempt to attach before and after.

I also had the windshield replaced, non-OEM. Pretty cheap, but I get hit every few weeks and it's not worth spending a lot of money on what is unfortunately a wear-item living near i-45.

W12x: have "Concept Racing" on Veteran's Memorial Drive take a look at the headliner. He did a great job with refurb on mine, took a day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
rodeo82127.50
CSBM52721.00
W12x202.50
happydude136.50
DrFerry6728.50