TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
you probaly should go read some more.

the car does 0-60 in 4.9, thats hardly a 'boring' drive. Offering more comfort, more practical technology and less overengineering, the S5 is a more affordable more practical version of an M3.

If i were to get one TODAY, id buy an M3, just because i would enjoy it more than i would an S5... but the S5 has a higher quality interior (if you took out the M// stuff, you'd have trouble telling the M3 from a 328) is more comfortable and has a less punishing ride.

but this time next year... RS5 all the way.

usually when an automaker comes out and says they are NOT making a car, i stop using it in comparisons.
Okay, I usually stay out of these comparos because it's all about subjective, personal opinion, but this is just way off. A good 0-60 time does not a fun drive make. It is reasonably quick, but the S5 is not tremendously fun to drive like the M3. The S5 does not have more "practical technology" (whatever that means) than the M3, which is loaded with features and gadgets (too many in my opinion).

The M3 was more comfortable to me than the S5, especially the seats, steering wheel, and general ergonomics. And how is the M3 ride "punishing"? It's ride is tight, but compliant. Perfect for daily driving in my opinion.