North Korea
Rep
Drives: Something something racecar

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yeah heard they can be hit or miss and don't know if they are a matched set either. Prefer running in new slicks myself as that's where the magic is. First half day is glorious
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Tires may look near new but might have blown through heat cycles - must have been off a fast car! Lol

Don't know. Friends have hit or miss like Onemoremod says. Some are still sticky some are a waste of money.
They had 1-2 heat cycles and "they would get most HPDE guys through a season," but since my last post, I decided they aren't worth it. For $250-500 more, I can get a new set of good street tires, which will allow me to actually be able to correct oversteer rather than go SOL if I were to reach the threshold of grip (or whatever you'd call it) with racing tires.

If any of y'all want them, I can provide the guy's contact info. $35/tire plus shipping. Located in NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpriest View Post
Didn't Paul Walker die partially because the tires on the Porsche were like 8 years old and still original rubber?
Contributing factor, yes. But I don't plan on going 80+ MPH in a 40 zone in public without traction control. They would be strictly for autocross/drift events, where I can practice car control in a safe environment.

I wish it was legal to burn rubber in an empty parking lot.
Appreciate 0