11-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #47
Periokid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
Where is the video?

It should be a bit quieter after you button it up fully. When my valves are opened up a smidge, like your access doors are, its definitely noticeable, so you dont need much of a leak for noticeably increased noise. The question is.. will it drone! It would seem to me that the header tape will still allow sound waves to permeate and you've created quite a cavity there. If I were you, I'd seal that area up better and drive around before you weld it back. You may want to cover the tubes with something more rigid and sound reflecting than the header wrap.

If you guys can come north a bit, maybe I may meet up too..maybe get out of the city and work it into a nice fall drive! Its too far to go to LI for a quick meet for me.
I couldn't use the exhaust header wrap because it was too thick. It is very tight between the two pipes on the left side of the photos. I used exhaust/muffler repair wrap. I still had some exhaust coming out of the chamber on the right (as installed on the car). I will be securing the wrap with stainless steel tie wraps. When the wraps gets hot, it cures and seals better. I think I will re-stuff the chambers with the absorption material too.

Last edited by Periokid; 11-13-2009 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0