11-26-2018, 06:01 PM   #42
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharbag View Post
Careful with statements like that. If you replace the bearings with something that causes even lower clearance due to tolerance stacking, then you will actually have made things worse.

Hydrodynamic bearings should not need to be considered a wear item in a passenger car, even a really high performance car, when properly designed (read clearance is correct). How many Porsche, Corvette, Acura, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Ferrari, Bugatti etc. engines consider rod bearings as wear items?

Cheers,
If the theory that this made things worse were true, I suggest to you that I would have seen flakes from the coating or had a bearing spin by now. My argument is the wear that happens early on might somehow contribute to additional clearance. Or maybe the bolts created some. Otherwise, my car along with others who installed standard clearance vacs would have blown up by now. And I am sure we would be hearing about it on this forum.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...

Last edited by Mvy; 11-26-2018 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0