10-05-2017, 11:06 PM   #512
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Hey 65fastback, thank you for the response and the hospitality offer. Never been to Seattle but the funny thing is I happened to be reading about your long time radio announcer Dave Neuhaus just this morning. Back to your invite I would be bringing the E92 & E93 and will Be taking you up on your offer of free hotel room and meals while we are there for the plug change. Might as well change out the oil while we are there also. You never did make a selection as to the difficulty level of the plug change. I'll go with Easy Peasy if it's all the same to you. On a serious note what was the end result of your RB issue? Hoping you worked that out with minimal issue.
After reading through the posts about changing the spark plugs I thought it was going to be super difficult....but it's actually super easy. You don't need that special puller tool at all. Just get a wide flat blade screwdriver and wrap the tip with some electric tape.

You just need to gently wedge the tip in and twist. On some of the plugs you might have to stick another screwdriver under for leverage. When I changed the plugs the second time i was actually able to just twist and pull some of the plugs out with my hand.

This tool and some wobble socket extensions makes removing and installing the plugs a cinch

https://www.amazon.com/GearWrench-80.../dp/B0014ZVSVK

I was even able to pretty easily get a torque wrench in there to tighten all 8 plugs to spec.