View Single Post
      05-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #872
Deadmon
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Went to the mechanic last week after getting my first "engine malfunction" light. 80k miles on my 2011. Haven't seen it since though.

They confirmed it was a 2B15, so bank 1. Labor was expensive of course, so I'm glad I found this thread to boost my confidence of DIY (read all 40 pages!).

Trying to figure out what else I should change while I have the plenum off aside from spark plugs. My mechanic gave me a list of other items to replace because they saw some oil leaking: valve cover O-ring, valve cover gaskets, oil separator gaskets, position sensor and the spark plug tube. Not sure how severe the leaking is, but is it worth the extra labor to replace all the gaskets?

Also trying to get a good list of exact tools people have used and measurements. I read the Torx bolts need T30? Any other recommended tools (aside from a long magnetic pole?)

I'll probably order TAs early next week and start grabbing tools this week. This will be my first DIY under the hood so I'm nervous/excited to learn. Hoping to knock it out on Memorial weekend.
Appreciate 0