View Single Post
      08-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #60
Herknav
Won't drink the koolaid
United_States
Rep
Drives: blown and all natural

As they say in football... "That's why you play the games". I am not suprised here. Ford has been smart and getting smarter about alot of things, (how much of my tax dollars paid for the GM bailout?). They led the way with the retro-lution in the American automotive world, (anyone think the Camero would look like that if the Mustang hadn't been so popular?). Didn't even Top Gear name them the world's best automaker? (for those who dont know, Ford makes cars everywhere).

I am by no means a Ford nut-hugger. I think they have done two things very well over the years; the Mustang and the F-150 (that's a truck for those that don't know). The M3 won... by less than a tenth... on a road track... and it is $26k more expensive... that is one very expensive tenth of a second. For those that want some mods to the M3, think about it for a second... the Mustang aftermarket is probably the most robust aftermarket in autosports...

I love my M3, but you bet your bippie that I will be seriously considering the 2014 50th anniversary Mustang...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foosh View Post
The Mustang platform is even older, and a solid axle at that. Ford has just done a better job of tweaking to make an old platform reach it's max level of performance.
The Mustang platform (S197) started in 2005... so it is 6 years old for the 2011 model year.

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW3R View Post
+1 American cars need a face lift! I would be in a US car in a heart beat if the car had some cosmetics. Both interior and exterior! Too boxy and plain.
Alot of people think that BMW (and Audi) look too plain; like gumdrops or jelly beans. No personality.