10-23-2019, 12:54 PM   #39
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Well of course not - broke my own rule that I set for myself last time out on the track - always to have a camera going. First time out with all the major power upgrades and had been having a rough day getting everything to play nice. Car was constantly going into drivetrain malfunction almost every time a large amount of boost would start building up. The power potential was awesome but just couldn't keep it going with any consistency at all. Only got a couple of laps in with full boost & only one of those was a clean lap. Went through four revisions of the tune & still ended up dialing the boost way down just to get a few back to back laps in Sunday morning. Ended up calling it an early weekend. The good news is the potential is there - the car now has the ability to make a lot of power to go with the great grip it already had. Bad news - well we still have a lot of work to do to keep it making that power. It will get there again when we get the tune figured out & will definitely catch a video. The car pulls crazy strong now - until it decides to stop pulling at all
There's another M2 owner up here in DFW that is making a lot of power like it sounds like you're making and is having the same issues on track with drivetrain malfunction/limp mode coming on. I'm not sure he's found a solution yet either. If you figure it out let us know and I'll pass along the info!

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0