12-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #119
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Well after reading through this, I think Im gonna give these a try. I need them for my RAC wheels.

Where is the best place to get them from????
I need them delivered to Atlanta, GA.

Thanks.
Is the sky falling? I thought you were going AD08 or RE11's???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6Rman View Post
Thanks LBM and others for your info.

I needed new rear tires (almost worn and a nail in the left). The car was at the dealership for a car wash, I was quoted $550 per PS2 tire installed by them. I almost said go ahead, but I asked the parts guy if there are any other tires that I should consider. He's reply was, "no, you have to use PS2s because they are RAN FLATS and if you use non ran flats your TPM will not work"............ What a BS.
Needless to say, I said thanks but no thanks. I really thought that the dealer (and all employees) suppose to know the cars they sell well enough to service/sell them. I guess I am wrong again.

I read the forum and found out about the Sessantas.
Made a few calls and found them in Long Beach (30 miles drive) for $200 each (total for 2 installed/tax was $478)
The 245/35/19 fronts are back-ordered so I ordered them online and I will get them next week. I am waiting (impatiently of course).

For less than the price of 2 PS2s I am getting 4 new Sessantas.

Since Sessantas don't come in our OEM rear tire size I went with 275/35/19 and not the 275/30/19 that other members have bought.

I found a tire size calculator online and plugged the numbers.
It looked like the 275/35/19 diameter is closer to the OEM tire so I decided to go with it.

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

I hope it makes sense.

Happy holidays y'all.
ZX
They'll take care of you at Performance Plus. They're all really cool to deal with. I've been going there for years.

They should mount my tires for free with all the sales they've had from the link I posted.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0