View Single Post
      04-21-2014, 10:13 PM   #95
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saandiaago View Post
Hello all. I have 2 very small (< 1 mm) rock chips on my 2013 frozen silver E92 M3. Just behind the fully wrapped (xpel ultimate stealth) front of course at the front portion of the passenger door. Very minor defects but I was considering repairing these and then perhaps wrapping the doors with paint protection film afterwards as I have been very happy with the wrap in terms of aesthetics and protection. I saw that I can purchase paint pens from automotive touch up with supposedly the exact color match (490 W07). My questions: 1) would you recommend application of primer and then base coat alone, or 2) should these be followed by clear coat application (I'm concerned about introducing too much gloss by doing this), or 3) perhaps leaving it alone as it is barely perceptible to anyone else but me and would likely not be seen if I just go ahead and apply paint protection film over this area? If I were to do the paint protection film alone, my concern would be future damage to this area from oxidation of this unprotected area. I certainly don't want to make things worse, but if others have had success with fixing minor frozen paint defects I would love to hear your advice please. Further, if you have any particular recommendations regarding where to purchase the touch up paint that would be great. Thank you in advance. I have attached a screen shot of the product I was considering purchasing for this repair.
if it's barely noticeable, i'd leave it alone and make sure you have protective film covering that area from now on.

i never trust products like these, so i don't use them.
Appreciate 0