View Single Post
      12-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #508
ben@tirerack
M3Post Supporting Vendor
Rep
Drives: 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skl007 View Post
What are the current options for the OEM 19" wheels? Would I save money getting just tires for those or going for a wheel + tire package in a different size?
From my edit for this year:

"For 19", the Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II comes in the stock sizes.

The 255/35R19 and 275/35R19 Blizzak LM60 that had been popular is no longer around. The LM32 replaces it, but the fronts are H rated and the rears are V rated, so it doesn't show up as a matching set on the site. Mixing speed ratings is not ideal, but it beats running without snows in the winter.

Pirelli makes a 255/35R19 and 275/35R19 270 Sottozero Serie II. The rear is an Aston Martin OE tire, so again it doesn't show a matching pair."

Doing just the tires is a little cheaper in the short term vs doing the wheels, tires, and sensors for a complete package. If you are going to have the car for several winters, will often come out ahead doing the package and not paying for all the dismount/remount. Also your stock wheels will stay nicer if they don't have to handle winter duties.