View Single Post
      10-03-2018, 08:20 AM   #28
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
lol these things sold like hot cakes. everyone of these on the production line were sold before they could even hit the stores! I remember working crazxy overtime cause the demand was out of control. funny part was during that time these were mostly used by management, lawyers, and every white collar jobs out there but not for your average person like nowadays where even a 10 year old has a Note9
I tried to pre-order mine and couldn't. I worked for a carrier that I refuse to name at the time and there were only two that got them originally. All the BlackBerry guys wanted them. I ended up with mine because all the execs, at the company that I worked for, got them handed to them as perk devices free of charge. The guy that ran the market I worked in couldn't figure out how to use it....he was really happy with his iPhone though. He sold it to me for $100. If I'm not mistaken the non-contract price for that phone then was like $700 which was crazy back then. Needless to say I had a lot of people envious and upset that I had one and they didn't. My boss and my boss's boss were trying to get one and couldn't and I had mine almost a full month before they were even released to the public. I had a RAZR 3 months before launch but I gave it to my wife because it was a piece of shit.

It's crazy how 10 year olds have more technology in their hands than what we had just 10 years ago. It's nuts how rapidly technology is advancing.
Appreciate 1