07-18-2018, 11:41 PM   #32
BimmerRules!
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 stick zcp [F30/zhp/E60]

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
It's a relative easy job and the intake assembly has to come out. The hardest part is getting coil #4 and #8 which has the least amount of clearance by the firewall.
I agree, in fact I was planning to the sparks myself but saw the DIY thread and realized that I don't have the right tools.

This is #7 that I need to replace and this is the last but one on the driver's side. Even if I get to do it, I still need to figure out how to deal with the faulty codes.

To be frank, I am in awe of my car for all the wonderful things that the previous owner had done and hope to keep it the same way for ever - with its exterior wrap, its BPM coding, Akra exhaust and aFe intake So, I am nervous about doing something that could screw up one thing or the other and leave me stranded as there is no reputable mechanic shop nearby.

Prepared to pay a bit more to someone who knows what they are doing and if it is a local, I will be glad that I gave them some business.

I scheduled an appointment this Friday with Shade Tree Garage, a long standing and reputed mechanic shop who are also involved with my NJ BMW CCA association. Will share what they say.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by BimmerRules!; 07-20-2018 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50