View Single Post
      07-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #28
Matt@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: V8 tricycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveff4 View Post
Matt beat me to the punch. For the record, it's a 2013, not a 2012.

The car is essentially stock. I have owned the car since May 2015, and bought it with 25K miles on it. The car was tracked for three days last year at NJMP, and I plan to do more.

I took advantage of this ACM offer and am glad to have the hardened bearings installed. I haven't had any engine problems aside from a failed coil.

Thanks again to ACM. They have a very large shop full of a lot of great cars.
Corrected the year. You're welcome, happy to help! Thanks for allowing us to take care of her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
Do these bearings fix the issue, as in I won't have to worry about it ever again?

I do have some track days on mine, but only 26k.
In terms of material strength and longevity, WPC bearings and ARP bolts represent 2-3 times the durability of the factory S65 bearings and rod bolts. There are still too many variables with use and abuse to give an absolute guarantee on the lifespan of the WPC bearings. The WPC coating is for a fact stronger than what the factory bearings have to offer.

In the 70+ cars we've done bearings on whether it be for supercharged cars or just enthusiasts looking to safeguard the motor, we've seen that even on 40-50k mileage cars, the ones who religiously warmed them up and drove them "responsibly aggressive" show even, consistent wear. The problem is that many of these cars are 2nd owners and the previous usage is unknown. The WPC coated bearings can easily outlast that mileage frame multiplied as long as they are still cared for in the same manner.

As I mentioned previously in this thread, we did pull a set out of a supercharged M3 because he was curious about experimenting with another brand/coating. When we pulled his current WPC bearings out they barely showed any wear to the point where he was inclined to just keep those in. We put a new set of WPC bearings in after he saw how well his current WPC's held up because the mileage he put on those bearings were not babied.

Last edited by Matt@AUTOcouture; 07-05-2016 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 0