View Single Post
      03-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #12
s14_kev
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
I recommend bullet nose. Make sure of your dimensions before you order and think about if you will run spacers or not. Some shops use the length to mean threaded versus overall versus from face of rotor, so look at dimensional drawings carefully.

The last place I used was track-studs.com
Can you tell me why you recommend bullet nose? I've had both versions (from APEX, the redesigned version found here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042423) and have gone back to the style with the hex key on the tip. Yes the bullet nose ones are rounded for (negligibly) faster wheel changes and (negligibly) less damage to the wheel if you line it up wrong, and arguably look "better", but is there anything else that you can add to that list to make them worth the pain of installing them?

From my experience, installing the bullet nose studs with the double nut method is much more time consuming and annoying than the hex key versions. Not worth the added "benefits" to me, but that's just my opinion.

I'm not talking down the bullet nose version but am curious if there is something I'm missing...