View Single Post
      06-18-2017, 03:50 AM   #1
Ahmed Jimmy
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

400+ WHP E92 M3 on Ethanol [Flex Fuel]

As the title says, my car has been able to hit the 400+ Wheel HP mark thanks to Gintani, American Racing headers & Advanced Fuel Dynamics.

Previously, the car had the E-Flash software by ESS Tuning and has been running great for 4 years (almost 50,000 Km's); but after installing the headers and the flex fuel kit, I was convinced a re-tune will yield some more power out of the car.

Kinetechnik Motorsport, the Gintani UAE dealer took care of everything in no time. I went for a baseline dyno run on Thursday night and the car pulled 343.5 HP (did 4 runs and all were around the same number).

Logging the AFR we noticed that the car goes lean mid range (not sure the cause of that) but Alex (Gintani) confirmed that he should have this fixed with his tune.

Saturday morning we were on the dyno and Alex was online in parellel working his magic. Six hours later we had the first dyno run of the day with the Gintani Custom tune (374.4 HP to the wheels on 93 Octane).

Few runs later we confirmed the same number above; so we decided to add Ethanol E65 blend (roughly) in the car and see the AFD Flex Fuel Kit put to work and 406.4 HP happened!

The software provided by Gintani is a 93 octane tune that works hand in hand with the flex fuel kit from Advanced Fuel Dynamics (so you can run straight pump gas or any Ethanol blend (up to 85% E85 I think as per AFD's confirmation).

Below is the link to my other thread that has the list of all the modifications on my car:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1272929

For more videos and updates on the car, follow m3jimmy on instagram

Last edited by Ahmed Jimmy; 06-18-2017 at 05:43 AM..
Appreciate 6
yidgyi235.50
DrFerry6727.00
///Mobbin1476.50
R_lara80.00
Route 16843.50