12-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #27
SD-E93-11
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelrrate View Post
IMHO, I beg to differ, "seems' to me that the less driven car seem to have more problem then a car that is driven...
+1; obviously maintenance will be cheaper on a car driven fewer miles, but I don't see a direct relationship to the likelihood of warranty claims. In fact, I'd agree with you that cars that aren't driven often are more likely to have shit break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RD View Post
I don't see it as messesery you might ask why, well, we have a 25 year old 535is all this car ever needed is a new clutch and some body work apart from regular maintenance.
Aside from the manufacturer being the same, to conclude that an e9x will be as reliable as a car made 25 years ago sounds flawed to me. To compare the number of things that can go wrong in a modern m3 vs. a car that old is like comparing the reliability of a computer to a manual typewriter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
1) Consumers Report, in an issue on car maintenance costs, noted that, out of all BMW models, the M3 cost the least to maintain.
I believe Consumer Reports cited the m3 as being the most reliable which is not saying it is the cheapest BMW to maintain.
Appreciate 0